Sunday, October 18, 2020

My Crafty Hack


Just a quick post. I was recently watching a Jennifer McGuire's YouTube video on stamping. She uses the MISTY  Stamping tool on most stamping projects and so do I. That craft tool totally has changed my attitude and comfort level with stamping images.

But I digress. She was using a tool that had foam, I believe and looked something like an eraser, but bigger and a little different shape. I didn't check on the links so I'm not sure she had what it was called or where it could be bought. Its purpose was to rub across the MISTY after you stamped on your paper and still had the stamp on to get a better impression. I know probably most of us use our sleeve to do that same thing, but some days I just do not have long sleeves on.

After I saw that video I had an Aha moment. I use a Dry Erase Board to jot down craft challenge dates and Birthday dates so I can get my cards out in a timely fashion. There on my craft desk along with the Erase Board sat the eraser I use for cleaning off the board.  So I said to myself, SELF you probably can use that to get the pressure you need getting a crisp image. I'm happy to say it worked for me! I'm not sure how long the fuzzy bottom stays fuzzy, but I will keep you posted. So that's my Crafty Hack to save some money!





Feel free to pop on here and leave a comment to let me know if you have tried this. I would love to hear from you.

Stay Well and Stay Safe
Bernadette

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...