Sunday, October 18, 2020

Christmas Cheer and some News

 

Hello all! I'm here today posting a Christmas Card that I created for CAS Christmas for October. I just came across this site and thought it would be a great idea to start my Christmas cards. I put off this task too long every year. I'm hoping this challenge blog will keep me focused.



I had just received the new die-namic from MFT, Tiny Houses and I knew I wanted to create a card using them. The problem, I needed to incorporate Christmas Birds for the challenge. I checked through my stamp stash and found these cute little Birds in MFT Better Together.  

The Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set by SU had a sentiment that I felt went with the design. I added the assembled houses, the trees, and the birds to a circle which I cut off some of the bottom to accommodate the Snow Drift. Using SU Soft Sky ink and a blender brush to add some "sky" to the project then added some Snowflake Sequins by SU.

This die-namics set by MFT was a breeze to assemble so the card went together fairly quickly. I colored the birds with my Prismacolor Pencils and the inner panel was given some texture by using the Subltes EF.


On a side note, my card over at CASColours&Sketches was chosen as a weekly winner with 2 other crafty ladies. Thank you ladies for choosing my card! It's always nice to be recognized by your peers.




That's it for today. I have my craft desk to tidy up so I can work on another card. 

Stay well and Stay Safe

Bernadette

4 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

cute little birds all dressed up in their winter woollies outside their little house. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Cathy said...

Such a cute little Christmas scene and beautifully CAS, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Kampin' Karen said...

I love your tiny birds all bundled up waiting for Santa to arrive.

Loll said...

Adorable Christmas scene! Love those adorable birds! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...