Today is reveal day on how to make this sweet little Easter Gift box.
Let's get started!
These are the pieces you will need to assemble the box. I used the Two Tag Bigz Die to cut the four main pieces. Also shown in the picture is the second tag on the die. It will not be used, but I thought I would give you a look at what it looked like. Once embellished it would make a great bookmark.
1. Cut four of the tags. Two in the patterned paper and two from the solid CS.
I used Print Poetry for the outside of the box
and Raspberry Ripple for the inside.
You can cut two at a time in the Big Shot, but not more then that.
2. Cut a piece of CS 7 1/2" x 5/5" for the handle
3. For the box frame, cut a piece of solid CS 2 7/8" x 6 3/4".
Score at 1/2" in the landscape position
and 2" in the portrait position.
4. Taking the 4 tag pieces, fold each piece on the fold lines. Run a bead Multipurpose Liquid glue
around the outer edge. Place one patterned piece and one solid piece together
making sure to line them up.
5. Take the "box" piece and cut up to the score line on the 2" end.
Do this on both sides as shown in the picture
6. Score the box on all score lines. Taking a piece of Sticky Strip
and run it up the back side of the 2" end.
7. Next place a small piece of Sticky Strip along the longer side
diagonally as shown in the photo.
8. Now it's time to assemble the box. Expose the sticky strip and
fold the short sides up and secure by burnishing the edge.
Do this on all four sides.
8. Take the completed outside pieces and run two pieces of Sticky Strip
across bottom edge of the inside solid side.
9. Attach the outside piece to the bottom of the box making sure
you have the scored edge lined up with bottom edge.
This is how the box should look when the 2 pieces are added.
10. Next stamp your image with StazOn Basic Black on Watercolor Paper. Let it dry a few minutes. I used Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter to color the image. You can also use Stampin'Write Markers or Ink and Blender Pens.
11. When your image is dry, using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch, punch out the image.
This will be a little tight, so be careful not to clip his ears.
Using the Small Scallop Punch, punch out a piece of Summer Starfruit.
I took my Paper Piercing Tool and punched holes in the center of the scallops,
but this is not a necessary step. Glue and layer the pieces together and set aside.
12. Bend the handle slightly and place it into
the slots on either side of the basket. With a paper piercer or hole punch,
punch through the handle and the box at the point were the hole is on the inside .
13. Place a small white brad through holes, fold over prongs to secure the handle
14. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on back of the image and place
it on the front of the box making sure to cover the brad.
Cut a 6" piece of Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon and form into a simple bow.
Attach it just below the egg on the image with a Glue Dot.
Fill it with some "grass" and Easter goodies and your done.
I hope you give this a try and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Have a great and CRAFTY week!