Sunday, July 18, 2021

Color Me Happy

  Just a note, I was honoured to be chosen as one of the weekly winners over at CAS Colours & Sketches #427. Thank you Design Team for choosing my card!

Now on to what I created today for the new challenge of the week over at CAS Colours&Sketches#428. I recently received the Mini Delight Stamp and sentiments from Mini Paintbox by Altenew. I was thinking about colours and remembered I had this DSP by SU, Follow Your Art and it felt perfect for the stamp set. I incorporated the colours in the paper to colour the little paint pan spots and framed it with Night of Navy by SU. The base of the card is Coastal Cabana. I did add a layer of white card stock which was embossed with the new SU Textured Textile EF. This is becoming one of my favourites for clean, simple layering. SU Stitched Shapes were used for the focal point of the design.




I hope you get a chance to go over to CAS Colours and Sketches and see the great job the Design Team has done with this sketch. I'm off to go clean up and start on another card that will incorporate flowers. I struggle some with layering and hope to push myself a little more to become more relaxed and better at it. As they say, "At first you don't succeed try, try again"!

Blessings on your upcoming week.
Bernadette

6 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your artsy take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in at CC&S:)

Holly's Handmade Card said...

What a beautiful card! I love the design and great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

So Colorful! I do agree that the DSP definitely coordinates with the stamp set. Great colorful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

Wei said...

Amazing take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colors & Sketches Challenges. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Bernadette that's fabulous - the DSP compliments your new stamp set perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

You're welcome Bernadette - we loved your design!
This one is another beauty. I love the way you added the palette image to your paper. Thank you for playing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches :) Vicky x

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...