Friday, March 5, 2021

Happiest of Birthdays To You



Good Morning. Today I am posting another Birthday card to add to my Birthday Card box. I chose to use CAS Colours & Sketches colour challenge for the week. I have been pushing myself out of the box with colour challenges. I tend to get anxious trying to come up with a design using different colours, but I have found it helpful to use a Colour Wheel when I'm not doing a challenge.




I chose to use the flowers from the MFT Fun Flower set, coloring them in with SU Calypso Coral and Terracotta Tile. I just stamped the leaves from SU Granny Apple Green paper since I did not have that ink. The stitched square that highlights the flowers was done using my Gel Press. I stamped my Calypso Coral straight to the pad then ran my brayer about five X's over it then pressed the paper onto it. I am happy with the color and smoothness it produced. I haven't used this technique much but will be experimenting more. Using a SU embossing folder after assembling the flowers I put it on my card base. 

That is it for today. We have another beautiful sunny day, but only in the high 40's. 
I'm so ready for Spring weather to show up!

Stay Safe and Well
Blessings, Bernadette

4 comments:

JulieP said...

Beautiful Bernadette!!! I love the flowers and the background texture. I need to give my gel press a bit of love. It's still very new to me. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

PJ said...

Perfectly lovely Birthday card. A person can not ever have enough birthday cards to last the year through. Good job.

samantha's cards said...

This is lovely, very soft feel to it. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

YoonYoung Kim said...

Such a nice layout! I love the way you added a color in a frame. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...