Saturday, June 13, 2020

Congratulations Graduation Card



I'm back this afternoon posting a card I made for my grandson's recent graduation that I hadn't made as of yet until today! I was pretty much at a standstill with no idea what design and I don't own any graduation stamps, but I do own a Cricut Explore Air. I searched the images for a Graduation Cap and this is the one I choose. I fiddled with the size a couple of times, but I decided on a 2" wide image.

I followed the sketch on Freshly Made Sketches blogspot for this card. When I first saw it I knew it would work perfectly. The colors are his school colors, Red, White, and Black. I used Neenah Solar White 110# for the base and Neenah White 80#, SU Real Red for the inner panel, and Cap. The top layer of the card I embossed with a retired SU EF to add some interest and I felt it looked masculine. The square was cut with the square from SU Stitched Shapes Framelits. I embossed the white stitched square with SU's Dynamic EF. The sentiment is from MFT's Essential Sentiments. I love this set and use it often.

That's it for now. I need to make a New Home card for my GD and her hubby. They will be moving into their new home next week. Sometimes I just can't seem to get ahead of my card making. Do you have those situations?

Have a blessed weekend. Stay Well and Stay Safe...

Blessings,
Bernie B

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...