Thursday, September 19, 2019

Happy Birthday to You


I'm here today posting a birthday card I made for my oldest GD whose birthday is next week. I really do like this SU Bird Ballard DSP, but unfortunately, I have very few pieces left. This was done with the circles that I had cut out of a 6x12 piece since I don't have the stamp set like I said in a previous post. I'll be linking this over at the As You See It Challenge which asked us a question.




My favorites are definitely Stitched Circles and Rectangles. 

As I said, the paper is SU Bird Ballard DSP, SU Petal Pink CS embossed with the SU Subtles Dynamics EF; the Bird image was cut with the SU Stitched Circle Die and the SU Basic Gray with an older Spellbinders die. I cut a strip of Basic Gray and stamped the sentiment from MFT's Bitty Birthday Wishes which is becoming one of my favorite stamp sets. I stamped it with Versa Mark and used WOW white embossing powder and heat set it. I did add dimensionals to the back of the circle for some height and interest.

That's it for today. I hope you have a great evening and are able to get to do something you LOVE~

Blessings,
Bernie





8 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Your card has such a clean, crisp, look to it, Bernie, and you've chosen exactly the right colours to make the DSP really stand out. The Subtle Embossing Folder always gives such a classy look to a background, too. Thanks for adding your talents to our gallery at As You See It Challenge!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, I love this paper too...look how simple and easy this card is to make! And I am with you on the stitched dies...they're my favorite too! Your granddaughter will love this! Pretty colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at AYSI this week!!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thank you LeAnne. Yes, simple and easy.

Sweet Paper Bliss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thank you Heather.

Amy Jasper said...

The stitching on the die cuts makes such a difference, doesn't it! Great card to show off the stitched shapes! Thanks for sharing it with us at the As You See It Challenge blog!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A lady after my own heart Bernie - you can't beat a stitched circle and yours frames your little birdie beautifully. Your simple layout showcases this DSP beautifully and I love the soft pink background too which compliments it perfectly. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at AYSI this week!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thank you Joanne. I have to hold myself back from using them every card!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...