Thursday, May 16, 2013

TNT Thursday



When is a Graduation gift not a Graduation gift?

My thought when I was planning on doing a small photo album was to make this for a niece who is graduating next month. 




After I had selected the papers and was putting it together, my focus changed. I decided to make this particular one for my granddaughter. She is just finishing up preschool and was telling me recently about her friends. 
These papers are just so girly and remind me of her. So this is going
 to be sent off to my little sweetie.

I used retiring papers on this album, but the stamp set and framelits will be carried over into the new 2013-2014 catalog.

4" x 4" Mini Flip Album

* I found the inspiration for this album over at stampingschool by Vil Maldonado.
Vil's album was 6x6, but I wanted a 4x4 and adjusted the measurements.

  1. You will need 3 pieces of CS cut at 
     4"x 8" then scored at 2" and 6"



*This is how your pieces will look. Similar to a a gate fold card




2. After theses pieces are scored , you will assemble them as the picture below shows.  It's just attaching the backs of each section together to form the album.
I used Multipurose Liquid glue for this entire album. It allows more slip to get things lined up. SNAIL is not strong enough and I don't like working with Sticky Strip.


*This is how the finished base of the album should look with all 
3 sections glued together.

3. Fold the album up to decorate the front with ribbon and paper.

All papers for the cover and back plus inside middle sections 
are cut 3/3/4" x 3 3/4"

Side panels are 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Cut a 20" piece of ribbon for the closure.



Place the ribbon around outside centering it and making sure the ends are even. I place a small bit of adhesive under the ribbon to keep it in place. 
 

4. Now adhere your DSP to the front and back cover and finish it off by adding 
your choice of embellishments.

5. Open your album and add the paper square to the first page,
 which is the back of the cover. 




 Add your DSP squares to middle all 3 sections. You could also add photo mats at this time (3"x3")




 6. Take the cut panels and add them to the side panels and embellish. I used some embossing folders and left some blank for jouraling.




The small photos below are picture of how I embellished my mini.









I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will give it a try. They are really so much fun to put together and a great way to use up the retiring SU! papers.

If you have any questions about this tutorial, please don't hesitate to contact me here on my blog. Have a wonderful day and stay CRAFTY!

 BERNADETTE

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...