Friday, February 1, 2013

A Manly Birthday Card

 A fellow demonstrator over at Stampin Connection challenged us to use a stamp set we have not even inked up or haven't used in awhile. The stamps on this card are from, "The Open Sea" collection. Since I have three sons and three son-in-laws, I thought it would get a good workout. The photo seems to have a weird shadow across the boat and part of the tag. I'm really not sure why. I used a sketch designed by Linda C over at Freshly made Sketches for this card today. It's basic, but a good go-to card design.

Products used
Stamp: The Open Sea #123032, Itty Bitty Banners #126257 cut with matching framelit #129267
Paper: Crumb Cake #120953, Island Indigo #122923, Parker's Patterns DSP #131021
Extras: Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon #129287, Linen Thread #104199,
Naturals Designer Buttons #127554, Black Stampin Emboss Powder #109133,
 Jet Black Ink #101406
 I distressed the edge of the Island Indigo triangle with the new Stampin' Distress Tool 
( pg.14 in the Spring 2013 mini) #127562. 
I'm really loving this. It has a soft grip, it's large and has a very easy to hold surface, and only $4.95. A great combination for a distressing tool in my opinion.

Thanks for stopping by and have a CRAFTY weekend. I'm going back to create another card with a set I haven't inked. We'll see how it goes. I hope I still have some creative mojo left. And as always, all the products used on this card can be seen over on my DBWS. Just "click" on the Shop Now button on the left of my blog,

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...