Saturday, September 21, 2013

Is TNT Thursday back?


Unfortunately, not yet. 

 I was hoping to be back doing the TNT projects way before now, but that has not happened. Hopefully, by November they will be up again.  
Consider this a TNT even though it's Saturday!

  I am also considering doing a post on Quick and Easy cards for , 
" I haven't got a lot of time to create" stampers. 
That's still in the formative stages as I'm gathering projects to post. 
So stay tuned

 But today I have a quick and simple little project that's been rolling around in my head all this week since I had been working with the Harvest of Thanks stamps.

This little pocket is a simple "Diaper Fold" that has been around for a number of years.
 I thought how cute would these be lying on a napkin on a plate for Thanksgiving used as a place setting for each person attending your holiday celebration.

This certainly could be made with any DSP for any celebration. 
Think Christmas, New Years, Easter, etc.


I have seen these so they can stand by dimpling the bottom, but I wanted them to just lay on the plate.

Below will be photos of the process



 Sweater Weather DSP cut at 6X6 (you can make these larger if you care to)


 The DSP is folded in a diamond shape.
 Point to point making sure you have the design that you want is on the outside.


Take one side of the opened end and fold down leaving a about 3/16 of an inch from the bottom fold.



Using the folded line from the top triangle, fold the right and left side 
of the paper to the center and crease.

There is NO GLUE needed for this project.

This is ow it should look when completely folded.




I stamped the turkey image from the Harvest of Thanks in Crushed Curry then punched just the turkey out using my 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  I completed the project by writing a guests name on Pumpkin Pie CS. I chose to use the flag die from Circle Card Thinlits.

I added glue dots to the flag and Stampin' Dimensionals to the image
 and positioned them on the pocket.

I didn't have any trail mix to add to my SU 4X6 Cellophane Bag, 
but I did have some Almonds and some dried cranberries! I closed the
bag  with a piece of Linen Thread since I am short on ribbon
that would match in my ribbon stash.  

I think a piece of matching ribbon would have made it really pop.
Oh well, that's on the next order!



I hope you give these a try. They really are so quick and would add 
a little WOW to your holiday table.

Have a wonderful weekend and make something CRAFTY!

BERNADETTE

2 comments:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh, I love this, Bernadette...I am going to try it tomorrow! I always love your color, paper, and stamp choices in your projects...put together so well!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thanks again Cindy. This project is so sticken easy. It has so many possibilities and can be made with any size square.

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...