Sunday, August 2, 2020

Youth is a Gift


Hi all. I took some time this Sunday after church to create a card that I am going to post over on CAS Colours and Sketches. This was just a quick, no fuss Birthday card that I created for an old family friend who is turning 90 on August 8th. I'm sure he will get a chuckle from the sentiment.

The paper is from SU In Good Taste DSP. I struggled with it although I knew I wanted to keep it simple and masculine and thought this paper fit well. I used SU Basic Grey and a sentiment from an old set I've had for quite some time. ( company unknown) I inked that with Night of Navy and then reinked it with VeraMark so I could emboss it using Clear Embossing Powder by Gina K.

The front panel was cut with MFT Stitched Rectangle Die-namics, embossed with SU Subtle 3D folder, and the circles cut with SU Stitched Shapes.


That's about it for today. I'm hoping on getting a chance to put together some cards for friends or a least get them prepped. I pray for you have a blessed rest of the day and week. Stay safe and well.

Blessings,
Bernie B

1 comment:

Holly's Handmade Card said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card! Love the colors and great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...