Saturday, October 6, 2018

Some Birdy Loves Me / World Card Making Day/MFT challenge

Today I decided to take the MFT's Mornings World Card Making Day challenge. It took me a little bit to decide how I was going to use colour challenge ROYBGIV. Yep, a rainbow of colour.


My card base is 4 1/4 x 41/4, the green layer is 4 x 4 and the wreath layer is 3 3/4 x 3 3/4.
 I acheived the smaller wreath by using the 3 3/4 inch template.

This is the card I created. I took my inspiration from a card that Amy Yang posted for the design team. Thanks Amy!

The highlight of the card is using Gina K.'s Wreath Builder Set. I only used one of the leafy stamps to create the wreath. The dotted circle is included in this set plus two others. I called on my 1st.purchased MFT's Card Kit., Birds of a Feather. I was able to cut those tiny flowers, the small bird, and the beak all from that collection. The pearls in the center of the flowers are by SU. Some Birdy Loves You is a old thank you set I received from Taylored Expressions quite a few years ago. I did cut the sentiment in half to be able to fit it into the circle. All the papers, except SU Island Indigo and Emerald Envy came from my MFT card kits.

Also used was Neenah 110 lb. Solor white paper and Memento Dew Drop - Cottage Ivy and Memento Dew Drop - Tuxedo Black.

I'm hoping to participate in the other 2 challenges, but sure I I will have time before the Monday deadline. Have great day, and go do something you LOVE!

Live Simply
Bernadette

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...