Thursday, July 26, 2018

Don't Worry Be Happy

I started working on this card yesterday and finished it up this evening. I love this little Hula Girl. I used it in a previous card and knew I would use it again. It is from Taylored Expressions "Do the Hula" which included this die cut with the grass skirt and 6 images. So cute! The background is SU's Tropical Thinlits Dies using the 2 3/4 square die cut and backed with SU Blushing Bride card stock.

I broke out my Prismacolored Premier Pencils to color the image and Gamsol to blend the colors. Although I've been working at my coloring skills with some success,  I'm not nearly as good as I would like to be. It will be practice, practice, practice for a while longer.  I have looked at videos by different Prismacolor artists that have given great advice and tips, but it looks like there will be more months of practice ahead at this point.

I'll be linking this card over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog for this weeks challenge.





That's about it for this evening. Have a wonderful one and I hope you have some to time tonight or tomorrow to do something you LOVE!

Live Simply, Bernadette

1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love your fun card! And your coloring looks great - you're off to a good start! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...