Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I just returned homed yesterday from my 8 day trip to North Carolina. Let's see how long it will take me to get over the "jet lag" from the East. I hope not too long. I still have lots to do to get ready to move into our new home.

Mission Accomplished Ramblings
I arrived into NC Tuesday evening (May 21), picked up my rental car and headed out to my daughter Lauren's  spending some time with her and her children that evening. Oh, I love those grand babies! I accomplished to have a good nights sleep since I had been awake since 2:45 AM that morning.

I had really dreaded the trip into Cary and to the Cube Smart facility, but headed out Wednesday morning with some hope and God's grace to get the job at least started.

I certainly didn't expect the reaction that I had when I opened up the door. I FROZE. My emotions just took over. Overwhelmed, I walked into a 10'x20'  storage unit that has been filled for over 3 1/2 years. Honestly, I  looked around and broke down in tears. Not only for the task that was ahead of me, sorting through boxes, unpacking and packing them, but memories that those boxes held and NO ROOM to even move around them. I had forgotten that all the furniture we had left was in front of almost ALL the boxes that were against the back wall!


My first look

I called my husband in California. Had my "mini breakdown", moved a few things, made some decisions how I would proceed and locked the door and left. I did some investigating on Consignment shops, called my son-in-law Matthew to see if he had a few minutes to run by and at least help me make a path and get some boxes down. That was accomplished several hours later. I went through the few boxes I was able to reach and called it a day for day 1.

 I am blessed to say, the remaining days went much better and letting go of "stuff" became easier. My wonderful children came by on Saturday to help me plow through stuff until my hubby came in late Saturday night. THANKS!!! You guys are the BEST children anyone could have.

 After working Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday, we put the lock back on at 12:45 Tuesday afternoon with all our belongings that will be shipped to California and our new home, neatly packed and waiting for the moving company to pick up. I'm very thankful to the Lord and my family for helping  us get through this time and getting the job done.

A Moment of Reflection

As I was packing and sorting, I could not help but think of the families in Texas and Oklahoma and the devastation they have recently gone through. I felt guilty for having my "woe is me" attitude when they have lost so much. I'm thankful that the Lord reminded me of that and I quickly asked forgiveness for my "pity party" moments. I pray that they will be able to get their lives back to some normalcy and with joy soon.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have a card up tomorrow to get your creative juices flowing. Have a wonderful and CRAFTY day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!