Monday, October 22, 2018

Blow it Out / Happy Birthday

Hi all! I just returned from a glorious week in Longboat Key, FL with family. Perfect weather and no Red Tide, but I sure was missing my paper, stamps and ink. Today i had a chance to do some card making and am able to link up to Seize the Birthday before the deadline.

I was looking for something that I had not done before to stretch me a little. I've really been trying to get of my "comfort box". I came across Patty Bennetts site where she was demonstrating this card fold. She was using Tropical Chic, but I needed some more male cards for my stash. I only had two 6x6 pieces of paper and some scraps from Broadway Bound, but was able to create 2 cards. That always makes me a happy crafter. This is one of the cards below.







This  was simple to put together, but the choice of how I would arrange the paper took me a wee bit longer. I am happy with the way this one turned out. I keep the embellishments simple since it was a male card.

PRODUCTS USED: Card #1and #2
Stamp: MFT Twice the Wishes
Ink: Versa Mark
SU Gold Embossing Powder
Paper: SU Broadway Bound/Gray Granite
SU Stitched Shapes Framelits/SU Oval Die (SU ret.)
Embellishments: SU Metallic Pearls
Sizzix Embossing Folder (SU ret.)




This is card #2 which is a bit simpler. I had to use Gray Granite for the two front panels since I did not have enough of the Broadway Bound paper, although I am happy with the doted embossing folder which gave it a little more interest. Both cards have the base card to stamp a sentiment, but I was undecided what to use today. I'll add that before they are mailed out.

Have a great rest of the day and go do something you LOVE!

Live Simply,
Bernadette

1 comment:

stampwithsandy said...

I love this, Bernadette! The colors, papers, fun fold... all of it! So glad you found time to share with us at Seize the Birthday!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...