Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sending Wishes Your Way

Last night I had a chance to finish another birthday card. The SU Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Die was graciously loaned to me buy a dear stamping buddy. It's such a beautiful set of dies and I enjoyed putting a card together with it. I also used one of the SU DSP specialty paper for the first time.

During the time of the year when Demonstrators offer a sampling of the new papers, I usually purchase them. I used to be a paper hoarder and still have some older papers in my stash, but I really have tried to avoid that in recent years. Although only having 6x6 per samples proves somewhat of a challenge, I really try to make it work so I can get at least 2 cards per sheet. Thank goodness for the creative ideas on Pinterest! This cards layout was CASED from a demo which unfortunately I forgot  to write down her name. It worked perfectly with the 6x6 sheet cut in half, although I did cut about a 1/4 in off of the side. I will be linking this the Seize the Birthday today. I enjoy how that blog pushes my creativity and birthday card making.




PRODUCTS USED:

SU Cardstock: Tranquil Tide, Rich Razzelberry, Share Share What You Love DSP, Micheals Shimmer Paper, MFT Thick Cardstock,
Stamp: SU ButterflyBasics
Memento Black Ink
SU Stitched Framelits Dies, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Scalloped Oval (unknown)
SU Banner Triple Punch
SU Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Mini Dimensionals


*** I found the name of the demo whose card sketch I used! Thanks Jo Hopper...

That will be it for today. I'm heading out to church and really need to get off of this computer! Have a blessed, restful Sunday and go do something you LOVE!

Live Simply, Bernadette


1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - great color combo too. I like the coloring of your flowers. Thanks for joining in at STB

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...