Thursday, August 10, 2017

Oh Taste and See



Last night I had a chance to finally work on a card for a Card Challenge.  I can't remember the last time I have done that. Sad but true. This card is for the Viva la Verve August Sketch Challenge. It was so nice to hear that Julee and her creative team will be getting back on a regular schedule again soon.

This card is pretty simple. I incorporated just a few layers and some dots to finish it. After I had completed adhering everything down, I thought I should have added some pink ribbon. Ugh, I hate those after thoughts, don't you?

Almost everything on the card is from my "older" stash. The solid papers are by Bazzill and SU, the patterned strips are from paper by Bo Bunny, dots and ink are SU, and so is the round stitched framelite piece.  I used a 2014 Scripture Verve stamp that I have a special person in mind to send it to. I love using the scripture stamps by Verve. They not only have beautiful fonts and a great variety of scripture verses to choose from but, stamp so crisp.

That's it for today for posting. I just finished cleaning my house and doing some wash. I might have and hour or so to start another card for another challenge if I don't take a nap first! Have a great remainder of your day and go do something you love!

Live Simply,
Bernadette




6 comments:

Carmela said...

Love the colors and papers! Very pretty card.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love those papers and the sweet little pink dots. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

Couture911 said...

Beautiful card.

Tammy said...

The dots make a nice addition to your card. Love that you used some older papers.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the papers & colors, and especially the sentiment.

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the sketch!!!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...