Monday, February 1, 2016

Sympathy Cards


Hello everyone. I hope your weekend was wonderful and you had a chance to do something CRAFTY!

I did. I was able to work on some Sympathy Cards on Sunday afternoon.  A woman at church heads up a Prayer, Care and Visitation outreach and occasionally needs Sympathy and Get Well cards. So I was on a mission to bless the ministry with some.

This was a little bit of a challenge for me, since I wanted to keep them one layered.  As most of use know, too many layers and embellishments cost more to mail. I certainly wanted to make them go regular 1st. Class Mail to keep the cost down. I think I succeeded.  What do you think? 

The cards I'm posting today are Sympathy cards. I will bee making another 4 or more as the weeks go by. I did use "Thinking of You" on several of them, but they will have a sympathy sentiment inside.

I actually used Mossy Meadow ink on the tree and sentiment, but it did not show up. :0(

The flowers were colored using Pool Party ink and a Blender Pen

I used some faux "wink of stella" on the flowers and foliage.

I used the one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps for the splatter.


That's about it for today.  I'm going to hopefully, create some Get Well cards today so I can hand them off tomorrow to Mona the coordinator of the outreach.

A confession.  I'm taking a big step of faith here giving these cards to Mona. I'm usually okay sending my family and some friends my cards, but I don't usually share them with people I don't know. It's a lack of confidence on my part as a crafter. I am getting more comfortable with it, though. ;0)

Have a great day and as usual, go do something CRAFTY! 

Crafty Hugs,
BernieB

SU stamps:Serene Silhouettes,Wetlands,Gorgeous Grunge,Thoughts and Prayers#2,Bloom with Hope,Happy Watercolor. All papers and inks by SU.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

These are perfect! I'm sure Mona will be thrilled! Thanks for sharing!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...