Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Seize the Cake / MOJO#387/Seize the Birthday

Today's card is a birthday card for one of my special son-in-laws. With 7 children, 3 daughter-in-laws, 3 son-in-laws, and 8 grandchildren, I'm ALWAYS in need of Birthday cards!
I'll be linking this card over at MojoMonday#387 and Seize the Birthday this week.





What a fun sketch. I'll be putting this into my sketch folder to use again.

The fun layering on top of the sentiment was something I was just introduced to by Melissa Phillips over at Make it Monday (Papertryink) which she referred to as, "Anchoring with Border and Banner Dies". I never thought of doing this, but love it and something I'll try again.

Some stuff you might want to know:
Something to Say stamp set-SU

Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry papers-SU
Birthday Bash DSP
Night of Navy Ink
1 3/8" Circle Punch
Starburst framelit
Bitty Banners 
Envelope Liners
EKsuccess Chevron punch
Perfect Polka Dots, On Point EF
Project Life corner rounder
Polka dot stamp (Paper Pumpkin)

That's about it for today. I need to get some cookies made for our Home Group that meets at our house tonight. What a fun bunch of people! I love and appreciate each of them so much and glad they are part of our lives. :0)

I hope you can get to do something CRAFTY today, my 
friends!

Hug,
BernieBee


1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Great card for a guy. I love the colors and design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...