Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Joy of a Bread machine

My new Bread Machine
My first loaf. It could look a little better, though
 the inside was moist and delicious.




I played with my new bread machine on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't  had one in 6 years and really missed having one. I had given mine to my daughter before we left for Arizona 6 years ago. I had always made my dinner rolls and breads in my Oster for the 20 years I had owned one.

I looked at many models and read many reviews, and finally decided on the Cuisinart CKB-100. It was under $100 from Amazon Prime. Plus:
  • Bakes 1, 1 1/2, and 2-pound loaves
  • has 12 pre-programmed menu options 
  • 3 crust settings and a 13-hour delay-start timer 
More options then this girl might need, but nice to have. I will post a review after I use it for a month or two. Hopefully, I will be happy with my purchase.
 
I do plan on baking in the machine, but also plan on using it on the dough setting, shaping it by hand and baking it in my oven. I was encouraged to use the machine this way by Paula Rhodes who has a blog,  www.salad-in-a-jar.com. which has so much wonderful information, not only on bread, but recipes, reviews, and kitchen tips.

I will have a card that I will post on the blog later today. I'm still don't have much "mojo", but it's getting there.

Have a great Saturday and o something CRAFTY today!

Hugs,
Bernadette

No comments:

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...