Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Experiment in Color



Today's card is an experiment in color as the title says. I tend to get into "safe" color ruts. 
 How about you?  
I usually pick out my main color or patterned paper in my process of creating, then choose the coordinating colors.
When I'm in a color rut, I pull out my SU Color Coach #130118 and choose the Creative Combination to complete my project. I must confess, it usually tends to be a challenge, but I move forward to stretch myself. This card is one that has stretched me.



My inspiration for the layout was the unscripted sketch #226.





The color combination the Color Coach suggested 

Pumpkin Pie 105117
Pacific Point 111350
Real Red 102482

Quatrefancy DSP 130141 was the paper I used as my starting point.

Ink:  Real Red 126949
Stamp Set:  Lot's of Thanks 129690
Pacific Point 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon 126876
Perfect Polka Dots 117335
Whisper White Baker's Twine 124262
*SU buttons retired


I'm still not sure if this color combo is pleasing to me, but like I said, I need to get out of my color rut and the Color Coach helps me to do that.

If you have the same difficulty with color as I do, or great color combinations, why not order your SU Color Coach (pg.139 @ $14.95) and start experimenting. You can go directly to my DBWS to order that or any other of the products listed here on this post. I would love to have you as a customer and be your Creative Coach!

MY WEBSITE: Bernadette Bliss
Have a wonderful day and stay CRAFTY!
BERNADETTE 



3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Love this! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color choices and very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your experiment in colors was a success, Bernadette. Love them together!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!