Thursday, June 6, 2013

TNT Thursday


Things have slowed down a little in the past few days with our move, so I was able to put together a TNT Tutorial this week.

This Crisscross Pocket card has been around for some time, but I believe this is the first time I have made one. They are usually made in the horizontal orientation, but this is vertical which is more pleasing to me.

{* My inspiration is from Linda over at stamping School.}



Cut your DSP 6"x12" and score in landscape position at 4" and 8". 
Turn and score at 5 1/2".
The finished outside card will be 4" x 5 1/2"



Cut the paper leaving at each end to the beginning of the middle fold leaving  the center 1/2" middle section in tact. (I used my cutter)

 The remaining piece should look like the photo below

 


Using your cutter, place your card stock on the platform and line up the top left corner of one section and the bottom corner in the channel to form a triangle, and cut. Do this with the remaining side.


This is the shape that you will have when have completed the cutting


I like to have all my pieces cut before I move ahead. I also stamped the images, cut the ribbon, embossed and used an edgelit on the black paper.



Now you can start folding and adhering the card base



 Run SNAIL along the center fold making sure that the you avoid gettingt  adhesive on the back of the card.





You will just need to run the SNAIL up part way on the opposite triangle 
and along the bottom. With the card facing you, fold the right 
hand side over and then the left side. Press to seal

**When you are scoring the DSP, make sure you use a light touch with the scoring tool. This type off paper is more fragile then the SU Card Stock.
 I'm telling you this from experience!

I rounded the top corners of the vertical fold card, tag and
 the layered tag piece.



Now you can start embellishing the outside and the tag.


I added the ribbon under the cut images and used the new Mosaic Punch to fill in two of the Mosaics on the embossed belly piece.The Medallion from the Happy Day stamp set was cut with my 1 3/4" Circle punch and layered with small medallion from the A Round Array and punched with the 7/8" Scallop.
 I added Stampin' Dimensionals to both medallions and
adhered them over the ribbon.




I stamped my sentiment and added two extra small medallions to the tag. My ribbon on top was just folded in half and adhered with Glue Dots and I added the punched piece to cover the ribbon ends.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will give this cute card a try!

I'm not sure how my time will be next week. We will be moving into our home, waiting for delivery of furniture, etc. and 
almost ALL my stamping supplies will be packed in boxes. 
I will be posting when I'm able to let you know what I'm up to.

Have a great weekend and stay CRAFTY!

BERNADETTE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty and your tutorials are so great, Bernadette. I am going to try this soon. Hope the unpacking goes well- unpack your stamping supplies first!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...