Thursday, March 28, 2013

T.N.T. Thursday

Welcome back to another T.N.T. Thursday. Today's project is something that has been around for some time, but I was thinking about Spring, friendships and flowers this past week, so I decided to combine them in this tutorial.
This card incorporates a sweet Corner Bookmark that slips off and can be used to mark a page in a book, a magazine or even a Stampin' Up! catalog.  :>}



Let's get started! 


 Some of the products used on this Card/Bookmark


1. Stamp and cut your floral pieces, stamp your sentiment and cut that 
and the larger Label and set aside. Also cut your card layers and bookmark piece. 
This card is a side fold. 

Card: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", 4"x 5 1/4", 3 3/4" x 5"
 Bookmark: cut at 4"x4"


I stamped and used the Big Shot to cut the flowers and stems from the Secret Garden Bundle.  I did cut more then I would probably use, but I like to have a variety just in the event my design takes me another direction then what I planned.



2. Now you can start assembling your card base.

I choose to paper pierce the cut Labels Framelits pieces, but it certainly is not necessary.
**A note on the stamped sentiment. Just allow yourself room to place the flowers and leaves so they do not cover the sentiment. In my example, I stamped it on the upper half of the framelit.


3. Complete the front of the card adding your sentiment, framelit layer, flowers and leaves.
I used Stampin' Dimensionals under the sentiment base and on the flowers. I attached the leaves using a two way glue pen. And added some SU Basic Pearls to the centers of the flowers.




4. Now we can assemble the bookmark.

Fold one side of the 4x4 piece so it forms a triangle making sure the triangle is even at the bottom. 
(This is how we did the Triangle cards several weeks ago)

I then ran the straight side through the Big Shoot with the Large Scallop Edgelit. 
This certainly can be left as is or you could use a border edge punch.



5. Cut a thin strip of paper and run SNAIL up one side making sure
there is no residue on the edges of the strip.

 Place the sticky side up and under the folded triangle piece.
 This is will keep the center of the triangle together.
 Trim with paper snips close to the bottom edge so it is not visible.





6. Next  fold the glued scallop edge to the base of the bookmark.






7. Embellish, the fun part,  and your are finished. Well almost...




8. Write a sweet note to a special friend on the inside. 
Slip the bookmark on the corner of the card, and then pop your 
special little gift into the mail. 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will give it a try. As always, I would love to hear from you.

Have a blessed week and stay CRAFTY!

Bernadette



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernadette,

How absolutely beautiful. Your work is impeccable. I love your tutorial- so clear and easy to follow. I want to make one of these!!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Cindy. I really did enjoy making this. I thought,what a nice,unexpected surprise for people to receive.Have a wonderful Resurrection Day!

1000 Piece Puzzle

  It is a beautiful puzzle,but we probably will NOT do one again. The 500 pc. ones are much more relaxing. Heres hoping you all have a great...